Friday, October 21, 2011

Her life was saved by rock and roll (Lou Reed)

When you're a freelance artist, you'll be asked to provide art on the drop of a hat sometimes. That leads to Gamble Art, or Art That You'd Probably Do Differently A Second Time. That's the story here, in a way. See, there was this Zombie Prom (I know, I know), and I was asked to make some pieces to sell. Since I'm moving next month (stay tuned for future interior design entries, boys and girls), it was really hard to find time to attend to this opportunity. In the end, I scrapped out four portraits of musicians. I'm not done with this project. I'd like to revisit some of these faces and work on the patina a bit.

But the Zombie Prom is calling. It always is, guys.

Some Kinds of Love Are Mistaken For Vision
(or, Lou Reed)
[ cardboard, pen, paint ]

























Out for love, and they will lean that way forever
(or, Leonard Cohen)
[cardboard, pen]


























Ses pensees sur la femme es ses vues sur l'amour*
(or, Edith Piaf with a lace collar)
[cardboard, pen, paint]

















"his thoughts of the woman, and her views on love







She said she couldn't do the cha cha cha
(or, Sam Cooke)
[ cardboard, pen ]

1 comment:

  1. I love Sam Cooke! *both your drawing and the real musician! :)

    ReplyDelete